UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tile colourant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 18697

Has anyone used a tile colourant out there? We laid an aged limestone floor which continued on from an existing floor which was laid many years ago. The grout colour has turned out different despite matching it before! The house is immaculate so dont really want to rake it out so am weighing up using one of these colourants but I have never used them before and would welcome any advice or product recommendation.

D

Drastik Lee

im not going to lie i have not used it but a good friend of mine did and reckons he had all sorts of problems with it not covering properly so had to rake out the grout anyways... seems more hassle than its worth to be fair and your just covering up a problem rather than solving it ... whether the house is immaculate or not raking out the joints would be a better option im sure itll look just as immaculate as it first was when you finish also i wouldnt feel happy about using it on limestone as it soaks up like a sponge ...... Hopefully that helps you decide :thumbsup:

J

jonnyc

Remember the cape town tile doctor dave!!
Maybe not.you buggers were have having too much good time, short stay .
They were the ones i asked to come out and try to change the colour of the bulgarian limestone after our resident builders built a fire on the floor of the only bathroom we had finished.
Stone turned yellow from smoke.
They cleaned the ashes up in morning and were only found out when old habit die hard tiler taking shoes off in morning so as to not dirty floor found floor pleasing

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile colourant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.