Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Tile cutters??? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

G

GazTech

I know this is probably gunna sound really stupid........ but whats the difference between a manual tile cutter and a power tile cutter. Surely the power cutters are easier/quicker and perform better cuts so why would anyone one use a manual one? im a complete novice so go easy....!!!ha:)
You are right....it does sound really stupid......sorry ..think once..think twice ..think post !

W

Woody123

Without sounding sarcastic mate, are you serious?
If so can give you a breakdown on what each of the tools does.
Rite........ i worded that last post really badly! ha ha i obviously know what the difference is between manual and electric!! The point i was trying to make was basically what are the benefits of each and when would you use a manual and when would you use an electric tile cutter. Also is it essential that you have both or can you manage with just the one?
----
Cheers for the info mate

Last edited by a moderator:
P

penno

Rite........ i worded that last post really badly! ha ha i obviously know what the difference is between manual and electric!! The point i was trying to make was basically what are the benefits of each and when would you use a manual and when would you use an electric tile cutter. Also is it essential that you have both or can you manage with just the one?
----
Cheers for the info mate

Ahh get you mate. You need both

All straight cuts go for manual, a case of measuring size of cut, quick score and wallah!

Electric cutter i use on the more awkwerd cuts, like around a window for instance. So if i need to cut say a square piece from the tile it goes through the electric.
Also use it for mitre cuts.

B

brummie tiler

rubi tx700n the breaker can be used anywhere along the cut. quality bit of kit if you do alot of larger floor work, and awsome for porcelain 2

Attachments

• tx700n.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shuntstick

rubi tx700n the breaker can be used anywhere along the cut. quality bit of kit if you do alot of larger floor work, and awsome for porcelain 2
Would you use that on all your tile work or do you have another for your smaller work, i.e if you have a lot of work on, and you know it's all 6x6 ceramic tile work, do you just use your Rubi TX700 for everything?

Reply to Tile cutters??? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Mates asked me for advice re best DIY (he's better than me) ELECTRIC tile cutter can't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile cutters???
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%