Discuss Tile Giant Credit Account ? in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Try going into Tesco's and getting any food on 'tick'.
I don't care what professional image is portrayed by asking for a material deposit on order/delivery but when these customers don't pay (and one day you will get one) then remember to tell your children why you can't afford christmas this year!
If your unhappy with asking for the material money get the customer to buy the materials prior to your starting.
If you state your terms at the outset and act in a professional manner at all times your customer will have that trust in you and you will have the grounding for a good business.
My advise - never get credit for anything - save till you can afford it or go without.:smilewinkgrin:

S

Stewart

Like Doug, I have accounts with all my supplier, and as a business that has a high turnover of materials, I find an invaluable part of the way I run my business.

I'm not a fan of asking customers for money upfront. I also find not asking is a good selling point and i always mention this when quoting for work, as it shows confidence in your abilities to give the customer a quality job, as you want to get paid at the end of it.

Sent using Tapatalk.....

T

Time's Ran Out

Thanks John , very sound advice .

Hope it helps!
My point is - it's easy to get credit and build up a debt with a supplier - but when the customer for whatever reason decides to withold payment then it doesn't matter how good you think you are or how confident they were in you at the estimate stage - you still have to find the money to pay off the account.
I'am not advocating that large material turnover businesses operate without credit facilities, but in the case of small domestic jobs that I believe are being discussed in this thread, then you have to protect your income and family from those 'cowboy customers' (makes a change).

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile Giant Credit Account ? in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
M
Helloall further to my post a few days ago regarding black starlight quartz tiles, i am about...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, Just got a new account setup with Tile Giant. What are the discounts like? And are...
Replies
Views
DN1986
D
R
I'm sorry to start off like that, especially as they are one of the sponsors of this forum, but...
Replies
Views
rachwag
R

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB