Discuss tile giant in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com.

T

TheWrightTiler

went to my nearest tile giant on monday at livingston to get a bag of kerraquik and a tub of mapei d1

20 for the bag not too shabby

but 9.50 for the tub

nearly shat myself c onsidering ctd do it for a fiver plus vat, told the bloke who said we match prices but not to that level, whats the point in price matching then tile giant

sorry but i wont be buying my tubs from your company

andy

M

Matt

told the bloke who said we match prices but not to that level, whats the point in price matching then tile giant

I very much agree with this statement, the manager shouldn't pick and choose what prices he matches, but speaking as a staff member myself, it is difficult to match prices that are lower than what we are paying, not that that would stop me doing it :lol:

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
my local seems to be a decent enough shop with decent staff,,good quality tiles and also good adhesives etc,,only issue and the reason i dont use them at all anymore is the way its setup ..if i want to buy mats every time i go in the computer has to be manully changed to price match prices,,also most tiles need minimum 1 weeks notice to order in,,as i said its not the staffs fault(i dont think) just seems to be the setup.

T

TheWrightTiler

Sorry for the late reply to this

I spoke to the MD today and the discounts should be sorted very very soon. When they are, the prices will be good :thumbsup:

The Wright Tiler, have you tried the Mapestik D1? That is cheaper and a good standard adhesive. Sorry to hear of your bad experience, I will pass it on to the MD

matt that was for a tub of d1 9.50 inc vat when ctd do it for 5.75 inc vat

been doing tiling long enough to know my tubs etc

andy

M

Matt

my local seems to be a decent enough shop with decent staff,,good quality tiles and also good adhesives etc,,only issue and the reason i dont use them at all anymore is the way its setup ..if i want to buy mats every time i go in the computer has to be manully changed to price match prices,,also most tiles need minimum 1 weeks notice to order in,,as i said its not the staffs fault(i dont think) just seems to be the setup.

As you said, it is not the staffs fault. The computer has a "computer trade" price that automatically discounts to a price when your account is put in. If you pay less than that price, it has to be manually adjusted, although that is not difficult and shouldn't take any noticeable time.

We do order alot of our tiles in as we display as many tiles as we can to give a better choice. It is alittle harder for smaller shops (Like mine) and delivery times range from next day to a week.

M

Matt

matt that was for a tub of d1 9.50 inc vat when ctd do it for 5.75 inc vat

been doing tiling long enough to know my tubs etc

andy

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Mapei do two D1 adhesives. Mapegrip D1 (Red lid) and Mapestik D1 (Burgundy Lid). The Mapestik D1 is cheaper than the Mapegrip D1 but just as good, it is a slightly thicker mix and it was designed for the trade.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
As you said, it is not the staffs fault. The computer has a "computer trade" price that automatically discounts to a price when your account is put in. If you pay less than that price, it has to be manually adjusted, although that is not difficult and shouldn't take any noticeable time.

We do order alot of our tiles in as we display as many tiles as we can to give a better choice. It is alittle harder for smaller shops (Like mine) and delivery times range from next day to a week.

thing is though matt,,if im in and out 1 shop all week for mats .tiles etc i dont want to have to wait 10 minutes every time im buyin somethin to change it on a computer,,i would much prefer to know its setup and thats that. also waiting on tiles between 7 days and 10 days is no good either, not having a pop i think it is a decent shop its the setup ,if it served the tiler better i would use it as its closer than my current supplier.

T

TheWrightTiler

it was the red lid i bought at livingston matt for 9.50

cheers dave i know thats its on promo at ctd but its still the same product

usually use pci gear and thats 5.86 inc vat form my local or dunlop for 6 quid a tub

rang tile giant to have a whinge and the girl said she would get the regional manager to ring me on friday

still waiting

not impressed with the attitdue of area manager and shop staff to be honest so really dont think il be back maybe the md can have copies of this thread matt as a first time customer who buys quite a lot is now not gonna come back

M

Matt

thing is though matt,,if im in and out 1 shop all week for mats .tiles etc i dont want to have to wait 10 minutes every time im buyin somethin to change it on a computer,,i would much prefer to know its setup and thats that. also waiting on tiles between 7 days and 10 days is no good either, not having a pop i think it is a decent shop its the setup ,if it served the tiler better i would use it as its closer than my current supplier.

If you are having to wait 10mins for the staff to change your prices, then they aren't doing their job properly. It should take no longer than 10 seconds (Literally) to change the prices.

I agree that it would be nice for it to be setup so that no manual discounting had to be done, it would make our job easier. The reason our system is set up the way it is, is to give the staff more freedom when it comes to discounts for trade etc.

I appreciate the feedback, the only way for us as a company to get better, is for people to tell us what they feel is wrong. I don't take your comments personally, it's constructive criticism :)

M

Matt

it was the red lid i bought at livingston matt for 9.50

cheers dave i know thats its on promo at ctd but its still the same product

usually use pci gear and thats 5.86 inc vat form my local or dunlop for 6 quid a tub

rang tile giant to have a whinge and the girl said she would get the regional manager to ring me on friday

still waiting

not impressed with the attitdue of area manager and shop staff to be honest so really dont think il be back maybe the md can have copies of this thread matt as a first time customer who buys quite a lot is now not gonna come back

Believe me, I will pass these comments on to the MD, he will not be happy.

The Mapestik D1 is £7 a tub inc vat. I will speak to Livingston and hopefully get you a better price (Closer to what you are paying now for D1/PCI/Dunlop). If you want to give the Mapestik D1 a try, let me know and I'll see what I can arrange

The problem with matching promotional prices is what do we do after the promotion is finished at CTD? Would you expect the same price to continue? (That comment/question is not aimed at you personally, but at the situation of price matching promotional prices)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tile giant in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Helloall further to my post a few days ago regarding black starlight quartz tiles, i am about...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
B
Hi New to the forum but looking at buying some large 600x600mm Porcelain tiles for my Dining...
Replies
Views
Z
Dear all I would very much appreciate your input into the following situation: Thurs/Fri...
2 3
Replies
Views
D
Hi all. I have looked around for a good tile adhesive to do my bathroom and prices vary...
Replies
Views
dotto
D
K
  • Question
just starting my mums new kitchen and went out and got a nice deal on on tile addy and grout...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB