UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tile moving, underfloor heating cable underneath...What to do? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

maximus16

Hi everyone!3 months ago I've tiled my kitchen with an underfloor heating cable underneath( originally it was a bitumen floor, what I've done: I've laid a insulation floor boards using a flexible tile glue installed heating cables and and laid my tiles straight on the top ) everything went o.k, until I've noticed that couple of tiles moving(grout coming off).Don' know what to do. Looks like another massive job:smash:
many thanks!

M

medlar

Hi everyone!3 months ago I've tiled my kitchen with an underfloor heating cable underneath( originally it was a bitumen floor, what I've done: I've laid a insulation floor boards using a flexible tile glue installed heating cables and and laid my tiles straight on the top ) everything went o.k, until I've noticed that couple of tiles moving(grout coming off).Don' know what to do. Looks like another massive job:smash:
many thanks!

If its only a couple of tiles moving,try lifting them out without breaking them,if not use new tiles,Clean the old addy off the floor,being careful with the UFH wires,check the floor is solid then simply refix the tiles and re-grout

Jimmy

M

MJT

Certain substrates can be very difficult to reliably tile in a conventional manner. Existing asphalt contains oils which make it very hard to adhere to.
Maybe an uncoupling membrane such as ditra matting might of been a better choice. From past experiance I tiled my own kitchen floor( my first tiling job)
didn't have any problems with it but a few years on decided to have a change. And I can tell you these tiles came up easy.

Reply to Tile moving, underfloor heating cable underneath...What to do? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Tiling a new extension. Cement poured screed on piped underfloor heating. Heating has been...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
hi all i having my bathroom flooring installed with 18mm ply over the entire floor joists then...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.