UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tile nippers / nibblers. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

i just use the genesis ones, pair ive got now seemed to have lasted ages, however my son got in my tool boxs and opened the nips out wide and the spring keeps falling out now which is a little annoying, i had a pair of parrot nips years ago rembers those..

I still have the parrot nips Andy, don't use them much anymore, used to be handy for opening up a hole before core drills:thumbsup:

S

Spud

I know this might sound a bit mad Dave but I always wore my new nippers in on ceramic wall tiles to avoid the chipping problem, for some reason if you use new nippers on hard tiles they always splinter, a few weeks use on wall tiles and they then seemed to be fine on porcelain ,Ihave the long handled porcelain nippers with the large head on them and even they splinter when used new on porcelain tiles

P

Peter

From any pair I've owned, the blue handled ones seem to wear very well and the red handled ones are of poor quality. Had my current pair for a good few years with good teeth and regularly nip porcelain round quadrant trays, toilet waste etc. Have a feeling they were in a Draper packet, but would imagine they're all made in one or two places.

Anybody else take the spring out as soon as they get new nippers? Sprung nippers are horrible.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile nippers / nibblers. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.