Discuss Tile on to tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Went out to do quote tonight, 3 walls still have ceramic tiles on them....you can guess whats comming!!

Me: I will need to remove these tiles and resheet walls

Customer: Oh, the guy in the shop said i could tile on tile as he has sold me this special ashesive??

Me: NONONO, you canny and i dont care what he has sold you for the following reasons, weight etc..bla bl bla, but let me see the reciept anyway.

The bloody tile shop sold her 2 x 10 kg tubs of dispersion addhesive for about 12 M2 300x 600 ceramics??

Me: Sorry, I need to call this guy who sold you this. (was just dying to hear his explanation)

The guy in the shop said yeah, its ok they are ceramics, its ok you can use that!

So I told him the customer will be bringing the materials back for full refund and explained why this is not the right gear,. I hope he listened!!!??? This is a well esablished shop in my area and has been trading for many years!!!

...anyway, I got the job so happy!!

J

johnryan

I still prefer tiles from B & Q - their goods are top quality, with expert advice always to hand. And they have free "how to tile" leaflets

Why would you need how to tile leaflets if your a tiler
i think you'll find andy is speaking in jest. they do say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but i thought that was pretty funny

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tile on to tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm about to lay some antique 6"x6"x 0.5" ceramic tiles, all clean and dry, onto...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile on to tile
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.