Discuss Tile trim dimension quiery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grimeyjim

Hi everyone, newbie here! going to be adding extra tiles to existing ones in my bathroom.
One question about tile trims regarding the depth of the exposed area.
(please bear with me here!)
I want to match my new tile trim to the existing one.
My question is:
The measurement of the rounded exposed trim (when fitted) of my existing trim is 10mm (measured like a right-angle)
My new tile thickness is 9mm. So am I right in buying a 12mm depth trim?
Does the exposed part of the trim get bigger the more depth of trim you buy???
I hope this makes any sense to all you good people.
Many thanks
James

D

Deleted member 1779

I've read this a couple of times....

Are you asking: That you want to buy exactly the same tile trim that you already have in your bathroom. And because it is fitted (and you dont have any offcuts or spare) that you can't find an accurate way to find out if it is 9mm 10mm 11mm 12mm so you are trying to measure what you already have fitted in order to help you source the correct size?

(is that the question?)

Reply to Tile trim dimension quiery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views
Dear Tilers, my husband has done a lot of tiling, but would really like your advice please. He...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile trim dimension quiery
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.