Discuss Tile trim questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikeyb2

firstly, is it best to use 9mm trim (like the Homelux stuff) for tiles that are about 6mm, or the 6mm trim which although the tile fits nicely into,doesn't allow any room for adhesive?
Secondly,what is used to go between the edge of a tile and the trim? When i've done this in the past I used white fix and grout,so I bedded the trim onto it then allowed it to flow round the edge to the tile,thus kind of fixing and grouting in one go(hope that makes sense).
However this time I'm using a tile adhesive which is a beige colour, so I can't let it grout at the same time,because the grout needs to be white.Of course if I just fix the tile and trim,when it goes off there will be no gap to grout.So do i have both the adhesive and grout to hand when I do the job, and use adhesive for the bed and grout round the edges?
Seems a bit fiddly that.
Sorry if all this sounds a bit daft, but I'm only a DIYer afterall.
hope you can help,thanks.Mike

Reply to Tile trim questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Looking soon at retiling a shower enclosure walls at a local leisure centre. Once...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile trim questions
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.