Discuss tile trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

southside

I have been doing the same for years as well, renovating my friends flat when i heard one of the plumbers saying to him that i was useing the wrong trim it would should be the same thickness .
started to throw me abit had to plead my case to my mate i tiled his kitchen with 300x100 gloss white brick effect but he has got led light underneath his top units and when switch on you can see imperfections ,best of all i was aware of this and had got the tile s which i thought were spot on with no lipping .
Then the Plumber said a bit up and down that is it no ? he basically got told to bolt before i chuck him about like an empty shellsuit.
Well peeved of as it looked qaulity untill they bloody lights went on best of all you cant feel the lips i gather light shadow is making it look worse than it is .
Really has put me on a downer as i know its a well rehearsed cliche but i do strive for perfection .

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Hi southside

I always offer up my spirit level after every tile I fix to make sure its flat against the others, I'm just finishing a bathroom off (full job not just tiling) and the bright downlighters overhead cast a shadow over any would be lips so they can be ironed out.

This latest bathroom is certainly the best one I've done, its a masterpiece absolutly no corners cut.

S

southside

Hi southside

I always offer up my spirit level after every tile I fix to make sure its flat against the others, I'm just finishing a bathroom off (full job not just tiling) and the bright downlighters overhead cast a shadow over any would be lips so they can be ironed out.

This latest bathroom is certainly the best one I've done, its a masterpiece absolutly no corners cut.

Hear what your saying bob but i think with brick effect more chance of shadowing

Reply to tile trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
tile trim
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.