Wall and Floor Tiling Standards BS 5385 Part 1 and 2 Bristish Standards, ISO Tile Fixing Standard.

Welcome to TilersForums.com, the place to discuss all tiling standards whether British Standards in Wall and Floor Tiling, BS5385, or ISO European Standards for Tile Fixing.

Tiling Standards

Wall and Floor Tiling Standards for the UK: British Standards in Tiling.

Discuss Tile weight query in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com.

A

Ajay

Hi all
Daryl aka captain slow, is helping me with my wetroom but I have just come accross a problem and seeing as he is sunning it up in Egypt I don't want to pester him.

I just went to order the tiles which are 30 x 30 9mm floor/wall porcelain tiles and found out they're out of stock. They do have a 60 x 30 in stock but I was worried about the weight on the wall. When I mentioned this to them they said that they would be no different than the 30 x 30 version per sq metre, so now I'm confused. Is this the case.

One wall is plasterboard stud wall not skimmed, the other 3 are solid block walls plastered and painted.

I'm now not sure what to do as I don't want to choose new tiles as these ones are perfect.

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Andy

A

Ajay

Hi

Sorry to be still going on about this.

i've found some other tiles i like and managed to get a sample, so i weighed it when i got home.

It's another porcelain 60x30 and weighs in at 3.5kg, so if my maths is correct that's 5.5 tiles per sq mt so comes in at 19ish kg per sq mt plus the adhesive/grout, i know it should be ok for the unskimmed plasterboard wall, but would it be over doing it for the plastered walls.considering the recommended is 20kg with the adhesive/grout

Also what's the general opinion on large format tiles in a small room, would they look odd seeing as there would only be a few in whole.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile weight query in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, would like some advice. I'm currently tiling an ensuite. I'm using 60 x 30 tiles. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB