Wall and Floor Tiling Standards BS 5385 Part 1 and 2 Bristish Standards, ISO Tile Fixing Standard.

Welcome to TilersForums.com, the place to discuss all tiling standards whether British Standards in Wall and Floor Tiling, BS5385, or ISO European Standards for Tile Fixing.

Tiling Standards

Wall and Floor Tiling Standards for the UK: British Standards in Tiling.

Discuss Tile Weights in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Tile Depth Tile Weight (Kg/m2) with [FONT=1465fc86f8969fb5056a4f78#580100]3mm[/FONT] Adhesive Bed Tile Weight (Kg/m2) with [FONT=1465fc86f8969fb5056a4f78#580100]6mm[/FONT] Adhesive Bed

6mm Ceramic......... ..14.26 kg/m2 .....................................18.46 kg/m2
8mm Ceramic ...........17.62 kg/m2 .....................................21.82 kg/m2
10mm Ceramic ..........20.97 kg/m2 ....................................25.17 kg/m2
12mm Ceramic ..........24.32 kg/m2 ....................................28.52 kg/m2
10mm Porcelain .........23.88 kg/m2 ....................................28.09 kg/m2
12mm Porcelain .........27.82 kg/m2 ....................................32.00 kg/m2
10mm Natural stone ...31.10 kg/m2 ....................................35.30 kg/m2
12 mm Natural stone ..36.48 kg/m2 ....................................40.68 kg/m2
20mm Natural stone ...58.00 kg/m2 ....................................62.20 kg/m2

Note. This information is for guidance only and may vary depending on the type of adhesive and density of the tile being used. Always check the manufacturers guidelines, prior to fixing.

R

Rich

When yu price a job do you get out your weight sheet data

I have had to give endless customers the max loading weights of tiles/substrates. Thicker and heavier tiles seem to be getting more and more fashionable and the guys that sell the tiles dont seem to keen on putting the customers off using them, its down to the professional fixer to advise on suitable tile and substrate.

M

McDogger

Guys hope you can help I am looking to tile my bathroom and the wife wants 10mm procelain that weigh about 25 kg per M2, I live in a new build house (4years old) and all the walls are internal platerboard cavity metal stud. ive been told that the max load for this should be 32 kg per M2 but the tiler I am looking to use has suggested plying over the top with 9 mm ply and screwing that through the plasterboard and into the metal to stud to give extra support can anyone confirm if this is good advice?

Also the wall area is around 20 M2 so the tile weight will be almost half a ton this sounds huge to me can anyone advise???

Thanks for your help.

Reply to Tile Weights in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Helloall further to my post a few days ago regarding black starlight quartz tiles, i am about...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
A
I always thought that plasterboard had a load bearing capacity of 20kg/m2 but according to the...
Replies
Views
doug boardley
D
R
Hello, I'm about to tile my master bathroom so looking for some advice. I haven't done much...
Replies
Views
RickyLee53
R
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB