Wall and Floor Tiling Standards BS 5385 Part 1 and 2 Bristish Standards, ISO Tile Fixing Standard.

Welcome to TilersForums.com, the place to discuss all tiling standards whether British Standards in Wall and Floor Tiling, BS5385, or ISO European Standards for Tile Fixing.

Tiling Standards

Wall and Floor Tiling Standards for the UK: British Standards in Tiling.

Discuss Tile Weights in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike Mike

I seen last week on site, 20mm stone fixed to double layed plasterboard. The stone was 600x1200, finished height 1200mm. The glue behind them was around 10mm. Is this feasible with the 2xplasterboard and that height, or is it inevitable to have problems?

That's an interesting question. Gut reaction is "hell no, that's way too heavy, plasterboard is 32kg/m2 period, no matter how many sheets are screwed together, because it's the tensile strength of the paper to the gypsum that matters.

But gut reactions aren't always based on fact, or correct.

I think you should contact the manufacturer of the plasterboard and ask them, or the tile adhesive manufacturer. We double board sometimes here, but it is more to do with avoiding water vapour penetration to timber framed house core structures than trying to allow heavier tiles to be fixed.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile Weights in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Helloall further to my post a few days ago regarding black starlight quartz tiles, i am about...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
A
I always thought that plasterboard had a load bearing capacity of 20kg/m2 but according to the...
Replies
Views
doug boardley
D
R
Hello, I'm about to tile my master bathroom so looking for some advice. I haven't done much...
Replies
Views
RickyLee53
R
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB