Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Tilegiant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

Hope I can say this in the right way without having post deleted.....
Are Tile Giants prices nationwide or regional ?
There is shop in Halifax,so went to have a look,asked for some prices on their Mapei adhesive, expensive compared to many others !

Tile Giant Other shop
Mapei D1 £9.70 INC VAT £5.95 PLUS VAT
Mapei D2 £22.49 INC VAT £12.51 PLUS VAT
Kerraquick grey £14.99 INC VAT £11.99 PLUS VAT
Kerraquick white £23.87 INC VAT £14.99 PLUS VAT

Shame,local store but at those prices I will not be buying any

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

what i find is that if you start regularly using a supplier they tend to look after you ,you never get their best prices straight away as they dont know you or how good a customer you may or may not be

This is not always the case.
Some suppliers offer a good discount to entice tilers to use their outlet.
Competition is fierce out there for many. We need good prices ! They need our customers buying their tiles.
I do not know many tilers who would pay over the odds for their adhesive in the hope that after a few months they may get it as cheap as get it elsewhere already !!

S

SandyFloor

what i find is that if you start regularly using a supplier they tend to look after you ,you never get their best prices straight away as they dont know you or how good a customer you may or may not be

A little trick for you if you know the sales staff reasonably well. If you're paying for goods on collection ask them to put it thro one of their largest customer's account as a cash sale. Quite often you get a massive discount you could never get on your own.

You get the discount, the seller gets paid immediately and the account holder gets a higher purchse figure. The only drawback is you get paperwork with the account holder's name on it.

Y

This is really not a problem to me, not having a pop at anyone.
Facts are everyone ( apart from those with more money than sense ) votes with their pocket nowadays, we all want best prices on everything ! Be it weekly shopping,cars,houses,adhesive,diesel,shopping on ebay,van insurance,
Don't get me wrong,I will not drive 100 miles to save a penny, but will shop around to get best deal !!

S

Spud

This is not always the case.
Some suppliers offer a good discount to entice tilers to use their outlet.
Competition is fierce out there for many. We need good prices ! They need our customers buying their tiles.
I do not know many tilers who would pay over the odds for their adhesive in the hope that after a few months they may get it as cheap as get it elsewhere already !!
neither do I Nick,you are misunderstanding what I meant ,a supplier that doesnt know you will give you a retail price,once you have shown you are in the trade you will get trade price, once they know what level of goods you are regularly buying they will give you a discounted trade price if you are a good customer ,there are benefits to building relationships with suppliers that are not just based on price, for example if i need 50 bags of adhesive from a local supplier who i dont normally buy from and one of his regulars also calls to purchase his last 50 bags who will he sell them to ,it wont be me,
I buy by the pallet these days so get my adhesive at unbelievably good prices but I wouldnt expect to walk into anywhere that didnt know me and get their best discounts

Reply to Tilegiant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've laid an external porcelain patio on a sand and cement bed with ultrascape priming...
Replies
Views
We have been hit by hundreds of spam accounts that are somehow passing the human anti-spam...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tilegiant
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.