UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiler Henly in Arden job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Just been to look at a job for an 18 sq mt conservatory and the screed has been laid for a 1:10 winter driveway!
Estimate for : 6 bags of levelling compound, (not charging for labour) adhesive, grout and tile fixing labour for 600x600mm porcelain - £530.
I reckon that's about £17/mt .
Customer asked if I would like to match this other estimate.
I told him to snap his hand off and as we had previously done work for him told him not to waste my time in the future.
Obviously we are not good enough to retain his business! Must try harder:lol:

C

Colour Republic

Ye deffo taking the mick there. Wonder if he's getting paid more for it but is trying to palm it off for a cheaper price to make a couple of quid out of it.

That reminds me!!! :lol:

John I've got another job which it doesn't look like I'm ever gonna find the time to schedule.. Can't remember the meterage but I'm guessing maybe 10-11m long by 1m wide, hallway obviously, 600x600 compac quartz.... Just a bit further down the road from the last one you did. No special trip needed but give me a bell next time you're down and hopefully take a look :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiler Henly in Arden job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.