Discuss Tiler/labourer Wanted For National Work Imminently! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jonny Walker

Hi

I'm Jonny, I am Director of a national tiling and flooring company. We are based in Doncaster. It doesn't matter to some degree where the applicants are from. Tools and vehicle are not necessarily required but are preferred, travel and digs ARE paid for. Rates vary on your skill-set and experience. Improvers may be considered. We work on a day rate basis with overtime.
We work in the shopfitting industry and can stay away from home for up to 2 weeks at a time, and would hope to keep you in constant work. if this sounds good to you, please send me a message and I will send you my number.

Kindest regards

Jonny Walker

J

Jonny Walker

Hi Jonny, haven't heard the term 'Improver' used for near on 30 years, glad its making a comeback.
Do you also pay waiting time in-between jobs, not after a job, just how it used to be when I was doing this type of thing many years ago.
Hi, I'm not sure I understand, so I'll answer 2 questions, we tend to have 1 or 2 jobs constantly on the go and rarely have waiting time in-between jobs, but would not pay somebody for not being at work, otherwise they would be 'employed'. If you mean payments, we pay fortnightly.
Hope one of those answers your question.

J

Jonny Walker

Jonny, you are offering a self employed tiler a full time job with none of the benefits of being an employee.
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that this was not permitted anymore.
I am supplying a constant flow of work for a subcontractor, he/she may come and go as they please. I also need a constant flow of labour, so this works for us and more so for "improvers" one day we may be in a good position to take on employees. Time will tell.

J

J Sid

I am supplying a constant flow of work for a subcontractor, he/she may come and go as they please. I also need a constant flow of labour, so this works for us and more so for "improvers" one day we may be in a good position to take on employees. Time will tell.
Works for you, But not for the tiler........
Best you have a chat with your local tax office. You may be surprised what advice they give you.

J

Jonny Walker

Jonny, you are offering a self employed tiler a full time job with none of the benefits of being an employee.
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that this was not permitted anymore.
May I also add, I started out in this scenario and was made to go employed after so much time had passed, there were no benefits in going employed and I was in fact worse off, I could not work for anybody else when there was no work from my employer because I was bound by contract, I got £25.50/ day for the first 5 days, once every 13 week period. which was the minimum by law he had to pay me. I had my NI and my holiday deducted of my day rate so my rate also went down. Employment as I know it is no good/beneficial thing in my opinion.

J

Jonny Walker

Out of interest where is the majority of your work based??
I think you can have 90 days of continuous after that the subcontractor has to show they are invoicing/subcontracting to other employers aswell. Something along those lines.

It could be anywhere sir, last week we were in Newquay, this week Stratford in London, York next week and Liverpool after that.

D

DBR

Hi

I'm Jonny, I am Director of a national tiling and flooring company. We are based in Doncaster. It doesn't matter to some degree where the applicants are from. Tools and vehicle are not necessarily required but are preferred, travel and digs ARE paid for. Rates vary on your skill-set and experience. Improvers may be considered. We work on a day rate basis with overtime.
We work in the shopfitting industry and can stay away from home for up to 2 weeks at a time, and would hope to keep you in constant work. if this sounds good to you, please send me a message and I will send you my number.

Kindest regards

Jonny Walker
Can you send me number please. Very interested in talking to you thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
The 90 day thing came out in the early 90s I think, 'twas a way of the government making more dosh and keeping there beady eyes on everyone .
I remember in about 92/3/4 can't remember right:(I was self employed on a site £60 a day, top dollar o_O
And it came in, everyone and his dog went limited as it was apparently a loop hole but I just carried on as I was , been with a few over the years, we had continuous work for a firm for about 18 months, no one bat a eyelid , as long as you are above board pay your tax ect I don't see the problem :)
I'd do this which is being offered by Jonny but we get enough work , I have family and I kinda like to take it easy

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
I think you can have 90 days of continuous after that the subcontractor has to show they are invoicing/subcontracting to other employers aswell. Something along those lines.

It could be anywhere sir, last week we were in Newquay, this week Stratford in London, York next week and Liverpool after that.

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Hi

Kindest regards

Jonny Walker
Hi Jonny,
If your still looking for tilers let me know.
Used to shop fitting work, KFC's Costa coffee, New Look ect.
Have nvq and cscs.
Thanks. Brent.

Reply to Tiler/labourer Wanted For National Work Imminently! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
hi . we are 2 tilers looking for private job. london and 50miles around. if you have some...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
I'm looking for a tiler to work alongside our existing fitters. The work is mainly on either...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
P
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
V
Tilers needed for immediate start on commercial work good rates of pay large areas on fast food...
Replies
Views
Versatile-ltd
V
V
Tilers wanted nationwide for commercial contracts great rates large areas, must have own tools...
Replies
Views
Versatile-ltd
V

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB