Discuss Tiler required for kitchen, central london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

breadwinner

I need a professional tiler to lay some 60cm sq white polished porcelain floor tiles in the kitchen. Approximately 7.5sq M of floor to be covered. The job will require the removal of black bitumen type adhesive that was used to stick down vinyl tiles aeons ago. Old skirting and tiles have already been removed. Scraping is not going to get this stuff off in a hurry and I reckon that using a heat lamp is likely to further bleed the adhesive into the concrete. Mapei advise shot blasting or using rotary disk machine with cooper disk blade but other methods maybe feasible. However, I will require 100% removal of adhesive (not by using solvents) as I can’t tolerate any lifting.

I already have adhesive (Mapei Keraquick), grout and whitener. The floor is pretty flat but it may need SLCing after adhesive removal and if so I’d want to use Mapei products for consistency (probably latex plan trade after priming with eco prim). Tiles are clean and presealed. Location- central London. Can accommodate work van (not transit size)

Had initially planned to tile myself but tool hire/tool purchase make this job less DIY friendly.

Please advise on availability/quote/timeframes.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to Tiler required for kitchen, central london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just after a bit of advice please. I had my kitchen floor tiled last week (porcelain...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiler required for kitchen, central london
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.