Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Tilers and NVQ's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

if you are working on site, you will be required to provide a CSCS card. You can obtain a basic one which will have a life of one year ( Although i had one that lasted 3 years) It seems the rules keep changing but never the less you will require a card. Once you have obtained a card you wil then need to gain your NVQ2 in tiling which will let you obtain an experienced worker card which lasts 5 years before renewal.
If you can prove you have been tiling for 15 years you should be able to apply for your NVQ2 using the EWP (Experienced worker program) this is a fast track method and you could see your NVQ2 within 3- 4 months from date of applying.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
To be honest I think the only way to get tilers to get their NVQ appears to be scare them into thinking they wont get work without one.

Clearly site work you'd need one to obtain the right CSCS card.

Though for domestic work it'll never be policed liked Gas Safe, FENSA (for windows) and all the electrical certs.

We heard it was Jan 2010, then July 2010, next it'll be Jan 2011. Just seems to keep being announced but nothing more gets done.

On the flip-side. If you've been working in the trade so long it isn't hard to get your NVQ, and getting it has advantages even in the domestic market (if you boast to your customers, perhaps their other 'quotes' wont be able to say they have an NVQ).

I'd get one if I were a tiler, new or old. Just makes sense to be ahead of the game me thinks.

Reply to Tilers and NVQ's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
Good morning from this side of the world I have a little concern I will like to share with you...
Replies
Views
Due to a set of unforeseen circumstances in my life i'm having to completely reassess my...
Replies
Views
C
hi there, i was not sure if i should put this in find a tiler section as i was more hoping the...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
I think this is okay to do. I can't see this upsetting a relationship you have. But by all means...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tilers and NVQ's
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.