Discuss Tilers have it easy... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

The ladder on the steelwork brought back some memories. I used to work with steel erectors during holidays when I was a teenager and Health & Safety wasn't quite what it is today. You were expected to walk along the beams sometimes 40ft up and the erectors did it very comfortably sometimes half drunk from the night before. I did it sometimes but I was terrified and when I look back it was with good reason. If you didn't do it you were looked at as chicken. I also learned how to shin up a column as ladders were rarely used. Some of these guys would walk a 6" beam 40ft up with an gas bottle over their shoulder, change it on the cutting set and then walk back with the empty one. I was scared just watching them. You only need to fall once...no second chances.

Reply to Tilers have it easy... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Hello, we have recently had some carpet fitters in who have done a great job but have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tilers have it easy...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.