Discuss tilers realistic earnings in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Acubeofdurp

Its obveous that we are all striving for perfection for the customer, that is why we are here. We are largely self employed which means- insurance to pay for vehicles,, , tools, pricing up, pensions, risk of messing up/not getting paid, holidays etc etc.... alas plenty of us can bareley scrape £50 a day!?!?!, not even the mininmum wage!!!!!!!! that a retail monkey gets. Not forgeting holiday pay, pensions, tools, risk of messing up...Reading this thread is totally sickening if you ask me.

On the other hand i read a similar thread on a painting and decorating forum (earning potential) and the general consensus was £120 a day. is this just bravado taking over?. Personally i think a good tiler should earn at least what a decorator should if not more. good luck to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jonnyc

After a 5 day course is completed you should expect to earn approximately £90k net in your first year's trading.
there was no exclamation mark at the end of your post so am i to assume that you really know and believe that one should expect to earn £ 90 k nett after 5 day course.
peter i think to enrol in this 5 day course.
do you run this course yourself.
if so ive been missing something this last 25 years!!
£90k nett after tax is about £ 115,000 a year before tax

J

jonnyc

I could give you a start Jonny but I'd only be able to pay you 85k. :lol:

Just poking fun at the training centres ridiculous claims.
Ok I'm with you now.
i am sorry but working back from teaching myself in a day 28 years ago and then index linked I think I am worth approx £125332.00 nett.per annum.
i could round down to 120k at a pinch, but I would expect you to contribute to my
retirement party within the next 5 years.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Everyone is only worth what the market is paying in there respective areas, try and get too greedy and no work, price it cheap to get the work and you must be rough and desperate to go that cheap and still no work. Reputation is key. I price each job individually on it's own merits, never done it any other way. And I earn £5000 per day at the moment, so as you can imagine times is tough!!!!!!!!

S

seph

I think someone who hasn't been taught by a professional tiler for years should not get into tiling on a self employed basis. I worked two years as an apprentice and learned a lot but there is still a lot more to learn. I didn't really understand how much of a difference there was between someone who can tile and a professional tiler until I started this job. You have to learn from professional tilers to do a professional job.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tilers realistic earnings in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all, I havent been in the business of tiling long. With that being said as someone...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
To tiling contractors that hire tilers, where do you advertise to find tilers to fill the rolls...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Hi all, So glad to have stumbled across this website. I completed a Tiling course last year and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB