Discuss Tilers Websites and Web Design in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Tilers Websites and Web Design for Wall and Floor Tilers

Let us know who does your web design work. Please feel free to link to them, quote their prices, etc.

Give us some information about what services they provide and what services you've taken with them. Whether a simple website, a full website package with online marketing, perhaps they optimised your websites for search engine traffic.

Let us know how it's worked out for you. Whether they've done well or you're thinking of changing etc.

D

DHTiling

Mine was initially done by Steve porter but sadly he died... last bits like pics etc i finished off and then faults etc are now managed by Untold media developments.. but everything else like new info etc i do myself..

I can though recommend wordpress as a platform.. very easy to work with and google likes it..

- - - Updated - - -

Mine was initially done by Steve porter but sadly he died... last bits like pics etc i finished off and then faults etc are now managed by Untold media developments.. but everything else like new info etc i do myself..

I can though recommend wordpress as a platform.. very easy to work with and google likes it..

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I did my own website after doing a 2 day business link course on wordpress. I got my hosting package through www.freevirtualservers.com. I went for the web hosting pro package at the time because it came with a free .com domain name and 5Gb of webspace, ideal for lots of profile pictures i thought. The package has been changed by FVS now to that of an unlimited webspace, emails etc. All for £5.49 pm.

I only designed my website in February of this year, along with flyers and business cards. I'm lucky enough to have a free copy of photoshop CS5 installed ;) Took my files along to Europress in Peterborough and they did me a really good deal on the printing.

Website needs more attention, i'll get round to that but i also use Twitter and have a facebook page (all in my signature). Facebook is a brilliant tool to use. The stats it gives you for visits etc can teach you a lot, if you organise your contacts well it can return the occassion job/quote. Friends of friends knda thing.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Don't have a website but was thinking about doing one next year, would it be worthwhile doing on terms of quotes and jobs!

Get one!

Follow this thread mate you'll end up with loads of free options, loads of better cheap options, and some awesome ones that cost a bit but pay dividends.

No doubt you'll end up with a few types to avoid being mentioned at some point too.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Get one!

Follow this thread mate you'll end up with loads of free options, loads of better cheap options, and some awesome ones that cost a bit but pay dividends.

No doubt you'll end up with a few types to avoid being mentioned at some point too.

With a website your portfolio goes everywhere you do, and many places you don't. A must have for any business imho.

I really want a website but just get a bit confused with all different options available. Just don't want to go down the wrong path and spend a fortune just to end up regretting it

It doesn't have to be expensive. If you can spend a couple of hours a week to doing it. Choose a content management system like wordpress, there's loads of help, tutorials and books out there. It's dead easy to learn.

C

Ceramico tiling

I made my own using Serif publishing programme, starting with a 'blank sheet of paper'. I've used template based web designs in the past but this is far superior and allows me to customise my site at will. I did my own SEO and eventually reached page 1 on google for my typical search terms. My domain name costs buttons and the hosting is £60 per year.
A website is nothing but a glorified business card without SEO

S

StephenR

I did my own with a plain text editor but one of my previous jobs was a programmer. Some of the packages the other guys have had success with would be a good start.

I've had better success with mine when I improved the content lately. A gallery section I think is a must and a testimonials section is good too. These two things I keep hearing from clients that contact me through it.

Spend time on getting the layout and look right before piling in the content. Simple is better than bells and whistles. Should be easy on the eye and very easy to get around. Get someone who doesn't like pooters to test it out.

There's plenty of material on "how to" out there. These days, more and more people use this method of finding things.

Then when it's done, read Google's search engine optimisation (SEO) material to help your ranking.

Something to do on these winter evenings.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Best and cheapest option really if you're going down the template route is use Wordpress and set it up as a website, and then use one of the hundreds of thousands of templates that you can get for that. You'd end up with something akin to Dave's site.

WooThemes.com is one I subscribe to.

And they rank really well. And have loads of third party customisation options all for free. So you can choose out of dozens of gallerys for pictures etc, dozens of feedback form options etc etc

C

Ceramico tiling

Just for the guys who would like to make their own websites and avoid all the wix.com, type things that charge. I dont really know anything about Wordpress yet but there is a free HTML website maker called Kompozer. Ive been trying to make one using it, and so far so good.A bit of a learning curve but there is loads of instructional videos on Youtube.
It is said to be nearly as good as Dreamweaver which suits me just fine.

Reply to Tilers Websites and Web Design in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello lads and ladies, I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com. It's a...
Replies
Views
uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Add your news for free; Tiling News, Plumbing News, Electrical News What's Involved in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB