Discuss Tilers Websites and Web Design in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
for a while now I have been wanting to move to a website that is a little more tablet/smartphone/pc/google.......friendly.......

I think I am on the right track......what do you lot think?

CLICK TO VIEW MY NEW SITE

it is not complete by a long shot but have a mess around.......

Looks good! Can i get some info on how you went about putting this together Lee? I really do need to get my rear in gear, and join the 21st century!! :)

P

Protilers

Looks good! Can i get some info on how you went about putting this together Lee? I really do need to get my rear in gear, and join the 21st century!! :)

I have been building it in HTML...notepad++ and dreamweaver...........plus I like computers, so I understand a few programming languages (sort of!)......my best advice is contact Dave Howe.......he has a lovely website....
and he had it built for him.....as opposed to my bash it together effort...............he may be able to point you in the right direction.........

all the best

Lee

C

Ceramico tiling

Best and cheapest option really if you're going down the template route is use Wordpress and set it up as a website, and then use one of the hundreds of thousands of templates that you can get for that. You'd end up with something akin to Dave's site.

WooThemes.com is one I subscribe to.

And they rank really well. And have loads of third party customisation options all for free. So you can choose out of dozens of gallerys for pictures etc, dozens of feedback form options etc etc

Ive been trying to suss out Wordpress.(partly since reading this post so thanks Dan)
But I am really struggling to wrap my pip around it.Trying to customize the templates seems limited and frustrating.Does one require prior web-development experience to use it in your opinion?

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
J

jonnyc

my web site has been up and running for few months now. I have only had two calls but both found me because of key words that have been inserted seen or unseen.
one could lead to a 20k contract so i am encouraged.
I actually made the web site so i could point clients to it when quoting for new work so they could see what i do.
This has definitely got me a number of jobs which i might not have won if prospective clients could not see my previous work.
So i think the visual shots of work definitely help which is why i have so many images .
I can also see that by naming particular stones this will bring me in leads in time.
signed on for google analytics and it is an amazing site giving so much info about who and what people are looking at on my site.
I am yet to get my first job from someone who has found me on internet but I am optimistic.

C

cdstiling

That is a nice site ! ive had my site now since before xmas and slowly worked my was up the rankings for my keywords , how many visits a day are you getting ? i get a phone call every other day from people who have found me on google , a website in my eyes is the best way to go about getting work nowadays, ive turned down really really big jobs that have contacted me through my website.

C

Ceramico tiling

WORD PRESS IS AMAZING!! Been messing around with it for a few months now and it just gets better and better.Once the basics are understood you can do anything you want with your website.Its free,there are plugins for anything you could ever want on your site.Contact forms,sliders,galleries,SEO plugins,google site map plugins,just to name a few of thousands!!...sooo much better than these Wix (DIY) type jobs.

P

Protilers

Evening all.....

updating my company website at the mo'.........my old one was Flash.....not good with all these mobile devices!!!......that said I have done a few in HTML and they are just not "right"............here is my latest......

is there anything you would add.....or lose?

there are still a few bugs to iron out.....let me know your experience of it..........it should work perfectly on your phone, pad or computer!!!!!!

all the best

see you later

Click here to view!

thanks

Lee

Somerset
Evening all.....

updating my company website at the mo'.........my old one was Flash.....not good with all these mobile devices!!!......that said I have done a few in HTML and they are just not "right"............here is my latest......

is there anything you would add.....or lose?

there are still a few bugs to iron out.....let me know your experience of it..........it should work perfectly on your phone, pad or computer!!!!!!

all the best

see you later

Click here to view!

thanks

Lee
Hi Lee.
Loved looking at your website. I am a glutton for style and both the work you display and the website design looks very stylish. But there is nothing there that tells potential customers where you are and what area you cover. That ultimately makes the website a brochure and not a marketing tool. Is that what you intended?

Q

Qwerty

At long last, our website is completed! Had it up & running for ages, but it was always quite clunky and was a flash based website (could not be played on apple products). This is now sorted and is hosted through 1&1 (wordpress based).

Any suggestions or thoughts are very welcome (I did it myself so I wont give up the day job just yet!)
www.plantectiling.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

At long last, our website is completed! Had it up & running for ages, but it was always quite clunky and was a flash based website (could not be played on apple products). This is now sorted and is hosted through 1&1 (wordpress based).

Any suggestions or thoughts are very welcome (I did it myself so I wont give up the day job just yet!)
www.plantectiling.co.uk

I would balance up the phone numbers in the header .. oh and turn comments off to stop spammers..

Q

Qwerty

I would balance up the phone numbers in the header .. oh and turn comments off to stop spammers..

Cheers dave. A difficult one really as I have deliberately gone to great lengths to get the site suitable to view on PC's, android & iPhones. The site changes slightly in each different type of device. On my laptop & iPad it is balanced up, yet on the iPhone it is as you say.

a2etunyq.jpg

Keeping the comments on (for now anyway) as I pay my wife a wage to do something, oh and I quite enjoy reading the emails from young Philippine refugees who want me to wire them £175 to help their sick kitten! Seriously though, I find its worth it to allow customers to leave testimonials. It won't take many more spam emails to make me turn that function off though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tilers Websites and Web Design in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello lads and ladies, I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com. It's a...
Replies
Views
uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Add your news for free; Tiling News, Plumbing News, Electrical News What's Involved in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB