Discuss Tilers Websites and Web Design in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
At long last, our website is completed! Had it up & running for ages, but it was always quite clunky and was a flash based website (could not be played on apple products). This is now sorted and is hosted through 1&1 (wordpress based).

Any suggestions or thoughts are very welcome (I did it myself so I wont give up the day job just yet!)
www.plantectiling.co.uk

I'd make the logo smaller, you want your visitors to hit the content ASAP. I'd turn comments off also, as Dave says. I'd also use the extra two spaces in the footer to A) stick the latest 5 or so posts/pages and B) to stick category pages for the blog area.
I'd also use the blog, well too. Post often and post about all sorts tiling-wise, just categorise them well.

I'd also post about every job going, and then link to them from every forum and website going. You want common regular links from decent websites. You'd get a lot of extra traffic from that. More than you'd assume as it works in a few ways. So the output is by a factor of three compared to the input.

Q

Qwerty

Cheers Dan. I have reduced the logo size slightly as you suggested. The comments I am leaving on for the moment as my customers do use it. Older people find it far easier to fill out an online form rather than compose an email.
As for the footer...... I have deliberately put a twitter & Facebook feed at the bottom to act as my blog. My spare time is spent with my family & friends rather than endlessly typing away on the laptop. I don't want duplication of everything. I put it on my social sites and it shows on my footer widgets.
Thanks for the suggestion Dan, but will leave as is for the mo ta

H

HorribleHagar

Buy a domain, use a good host like daily and install wordpress. Get a theme that you like from theme forest or similar such as Dandelion - Powerful Elegant WordPress Theme Preview - ThemeForest

it should cost you about £60 all in and give you a slick site with a blog function where you can post pictures.

Caveat is that you cannot be completely clueless when it comes to computers.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tilers Websites and Web Design in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello lads and ladies, I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com. It's a...
Replies
Views
uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Add your news for free; Tiling News, Plumbing News, Electrical News What's Involved in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB