UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tilersforums bring me luck :-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Well, the deadline to send everything in is tomorrow. I get this email below today (!) and I don't have a single image as large as 30 MB!! That's huge.. :( That's the end of that then. That's the first I heard of the size of images required, with tomorrow being the deadline there is no way that either RobZ nor Kilty nor any other customers or galleries who have my work, nor I for that matter could arrange a pro fotographer who has cameras suitable for such large images. :( It's obvious more suitable for London artists who can take smallish stuff to their photographer Matthew. Hohum... that's the way it goes sometimes.

Date: 09/07/2011 08:11
To: ...

Subject: Re: Design Book Questionairre

newreply.php
newreply.php
newreply.php
newreply.php

Hello Gisela,
Apologies for the delay in my response, as i have been rextremely tied up with work before i was due to travel to India.
Regarding images, the ones you sent before were for the references and they are not high resolution enough to be used in the book.
to be included in the book, We would need extremely high resolution not less than 300 dpi and in tiff format preferably on a CD or via yousendit
Each image should not be less than 30 MB, if you decide to send it by yousendit.com please send it to ...

We have decide to include 100 makers, but as you know we are on a strict deadline because of our publishers, so if we don;t receive things in time from the makers we would have to drop them.

I understand your work is very heavy to carry to Matthew, so I think your penguin work will be interesting to feature.
Please send few images which you would be happy to get it featured, we will then select out of that,
We will need 10 - 15 words information about the piece to be featured.
such as name (if any), material (if reqd), size, date made or description of the piece in 8 - 10 words

I look forward to hearing from you

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tilersforums bring me luck :-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.