Discuss Tiles are 250 x 750 - Trowel size!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aspesim

After reading a few more threads on here, I seemed to have got myself a mixed bag of information 8, 10 or 12mm square has been suggested for bathroom walls so has 8 and 10mm round notched trowels and of course I understand that it all depends on the tile size etc.. and the wall flatness...

As I didn't have any of the trowel sizes above and I needed to go to my local tile supplier. I thought I'll just ask once more prior to purchasing one, but when the guy said I'll use a 6mm square for that size tile I knew I was doomed... Anyway I purchased a 8 and 10mm square but haven't decided on which to use yet!!!.

C

charlie1

Does back skimming really help adhesion of the tiles?? Wall or floor, only ever done this with travertine.

perfect trowling technique: spread substrate with flat side of trowel then serrate, this compresses the adhesive and improves adhesion quite considerably rather than just applying with combed side of trowel ( its also cleaner Imo), then back skim tile. Now,... Assuming all that has taken you under 2 mins to do then you have the perfect adhesion when you twist tile in to place, only spread for 1 tile at a time with those! Tiles that size and above usually take me 10 minutes to set each tile so take your time. A rubber sucker will aid your leverage when moving tile in to its final position.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiles are 250 x 750 - Trowel size!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Due to slight small bumpy-ness in wall I hope to be able to level it out when setting 12...
Replies
Views
Hello. Doing... ( extremely slowly ).. a walk-in shower & additional soaking tub area 1) What...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Oops, I am reposting this into the correct forum Building a walk-in shower & additional soaking...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB