Discuss Tiles falling off in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
ive never seen it,try sticking a bit of plasterboard on a wall with drywall adhesive,and hang off it when its dry,im 12 stone and it can take my weight.
if you ever have to hack drylineing off as well,ive seen it take chunks out of the thermalite block before it comes away from the plasterboard.
it is really tough,but it only takes one fault in it i suppose

S

Scott

When you look at the weight guidelines ou have to take into account the forces involved. The easiest way to pull the material away from the wall is to pull it straight off. The forces of tiles and other weight bearing materials are pulling down wards at 90 degrees so therefore the forces are different. There are also margins built into the figures given, there has to be. Thats why everyjob has to be taken on its own merit.

Reply to Tiles falling off in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm after some advice please. I've been tiling a few years but never even asked to do...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiles falling off
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.