Discuss tiles lifting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chippie

Hello

In a customers house the tiles on the extension floor are bulging up in a long row. Was there and you could here them making a loud noise as they rose up. The floor is cement screed and the screed and floor must be down abut 15-20 years. It is a continuation of the rear room and the tiles in this area seem okay. Underneath the tiles the screed feels dry and there is no movement in the house and no leaks in the ch system. They are ceramic tiles about 200mm square. Seems strange that something like this is happening so long after the floor went down and even the insurance assesor was stumped.Also the night it started was the day they turned the central heating on for the first time this autumn. Hopefully someone will be able to throw somw light on it.

Thanks

Chippie

Reply to tiles lifting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

We are just about to rip out a travertine bathroom. Breaks my heart as the wall tiles look great...
Replies
Views
Hello! I’m hoping I can get some advice on what to do in my kitchen RE wanting to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I've recently just tiled bathroom floor using porcelain wood effect plank tiles down on...
Replies
Views
GoneGuy
G
Morning, Can someone tell by looking at these images why the tiles have loosened. Laid on...
Replies
Views
I would really appreciate some advice from those who know more about tiling than myself. We had...
Replies
Views
Don White
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
tiles lifting
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.