Discuss tiles on top of tiles... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

MrT, you are going to learn a lot from this job, the more you tell me the more interesting it gets. The worst types of customers are the ones who seem to think they are in a position of telling you how to do your job. I cannot stress enough, i hope you learn a lesson here and that lesson is, never let anyone think you have limited experience, if you think you cant do the job then make an excuse not to do it, on the other hand, if you can do the job then price accordingly, take it on and sink or swim. The more you tell me about this, the more i think you should leave it, customer issues, substrate issues and you have not started tiling yet. Some jobs you just need to let go.

P

prceramics

MrT, you are going to learn a lot from this job, the more you tell me the more interesting it gets. The worst types of customers are the ones who seem to think they are in a position of telling you how to do your job. I cannot stress enough, i hope you learn a lesson here and that lesson is, never let anyone think you have limited experience, if you think you cant do the job then make an excuse not to do it, on the other hand, if you can do the job then price accordingly, take it on and sink or swim. The more you tell me about this, the more i think you should leave it, customer issues, substrate issues and you have not started tiling yet. Some jobs you just need to let go.

bang on mate , you price on how to do the job properly if they want it bodged let them hire a cowboy, you only get one shot at your reputation

Does she have any budget at all ?? Or is she just wanting you to do what she says for a bit of beer money? Sounds like its a standard removal of existing tiles, make good/re-board, 1/2 tile & skim the remaining areas. The type of job that you will eventually relish... but not just yet. What about your pal you used to work with?? are you able to price it, manage it, and bring him in for the challenging bits?

M

Mr T

tbh mate not really she just wanted me to size up and let her know what she needed to get to tile over the existing tiling... tbh the guy I was workin with before didn't even bother to call me and tell me I couldn't work with him as his jobs were too small but instead decided to blank me all together... but I think il pass on this one and put it down to inexperience and my mates mom trying to be tim the tiler lol.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiles on top of tiles... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB