Discuss tiles too heavy for saw? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hungover

hi all

I am currently working with 615 square porcelain tiles (11.5mm thick).

My cutter is a Rubi ND180 with a Marcrist CK850 blade.

I am having a mare cutting straight lines. One cut, earlier, was 5 mm out over its length. I could see it deviating but couldn't correct it. I can only put it down to the tiles being to heavy to slide across the "table" correctly. Any suggestions as how to reduce the friction? I have noticed that they are starting to score the plate.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

hi all

I am currently working with 615 square porcelain tiles (11.5mm thick).

My cutter is a Rubi ND180 with a Marcrist CK850 blade.

I am having a mare cutting straight lines. One cut, earlier, was 5 mm out over its length. I could see it deviating but couldn't correct it. I can only put it down to the tiles being to heavy to slide across the "table" correctly. Any suggestions as how to reduce the friction? I have noticed that they are starting to score the plate.
why are you using a wet saw for straight cuts are you mad on pocs

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiles too heavy for saw? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There...
Replies
Views
eric123
E
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
Y
Hiya, I'm tiling my bathroom as a competent DIYer/weekend builder. Bought a Vitrex 900 Bridge...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
M
im currently in the middle off a commercial fit out ,i have to cut porcelain skirting tiles for...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB