Discuss TileSafe in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

I'm not suggesting this would cure all ill's..... but it would give you a baseline to work from. And most people that get ripped off, aren't paying peanut to get their work done, they're paying serious money to get a quality job, not dodgy workmanship.

It wasn't a suggestion to stop cheap tilers or guys who want to work for cash, because you will never stop that. It was for a proper register and license for quality tilers that care about their trade, that the customer can check up on before works start and would give them some kind of assurance and insurance.

J

jay

I'm not suggesting this would cure all ill's..... but it would give you a baseline to work from. And most people that get ripped off, aren't paying peanut to get their work done, they're paying serious money to get a quality job, not dodgy workmanship.

It wasn't a suggestion to stop cheap tilers or guys who want to work for cash, because you will never stop that. It was for a proper register and license for quality tilers that care about their trade, that the customer can check up on before works start and would give them some kind of assurance and insurance.

now theres a thought not trying to steal your thread but what if the customer was offered insurance in a sighned doc before starting a job (may cost extra ) wich insured that all work would be carried out to trade standard and if customer wasnt happy the insurer would have to inspect work or get it inspected to say yay or nay and make good at no cost to customer

might work if you get what i mean

S

Stewart

now theres a thought not trying to steal your thread but what if the customer was offered insurance in a sighned doc before starting a job (may cost extra ) wich insured that all work would be carried out to trade standard and if customer wasnt happy the insurer would have to inspect work or get it inspected to say yay or nay and make good at no cost to customer

Sounds good to me Jay.:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Guess what.. TTA do something very close to that NOW!!

Not many know it but yes they do..

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
I agree that there should be some kind of EASILY AFFORDABLE way of getting some kind of licence by assessment, otherwise it becomes exclusive and elitist, and that imo stops really talented people that have been unlucky in their life having the chance to get in. So make it fair for everyone, or maybe make it means tested, and then it gets the thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

Reply to TileSafe in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Good Evening Folks. I'm going to post a few pictures & would like to hear some feedback from...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys My name is Andy Bowden, I work for Porcelanosa and I look after the trade in the North...
Replies
Views
A
Hello All, I posted back in September and you were all very helpful with your advice on what to...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
S
Over the last few years i have seen some shocking tile work, some carried out by tilers, and...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
TileSafe
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.