Discuss Tiling anthracite screed already primed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
hi. Looked at a job this week anthracite screed it's been sanded and primed once but I like to use gypsom adhesive on these floors. Can I still use the gypsom adhesive over the primer?
Pretty sure i can but wanted to check as I worry enough about these screeds! Cheers

What primer and do you know dilution ?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Most gypsum addyts recommend an acrylic primer. If its epoxy you can use either but cement is better over epoxy. Epoxy is quiutre an expensive way to go though. My own recommendation is acryliuc primer 1 coat diluted just to stabilise the surface then a gypsum based Addy.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling anthracite screed already primed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB