Discuss Tiling anything nice in September. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

I'm working on an ensuite bathroom refit that was bodged together years ago. Toilet tissue used as a filler along the side of the shower tray and every bit of building debris and a few bags of cement as a shelf next to the shower tray were my favourite features of the old bathroom!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

O

Old Mod

9 balconies on new asphalt in quarries!
Access from roof only, down to terrace!
5 stories up, ladder from roof to terrace not wide enough to get my shoulders down, have to turn sideways.
Ladder comes down in the centre of two terraces, so left and right terrace to tile.
Drainage point in far opposite corners from ladder in middle.
And why are they being tiled when they have new asphalt down?

Simple! They fall the wrong way and don't drain properly!
So I gotta fix it!
Gimme strength!!!
So I'm working backwards from drain to ladder and I've got to increase fall as I go backwards!
Swapsies anyone? Haha

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Manchester
9 balconies on new asphalt in quarries!
Access from roof only, down to terrace!
5 stories up, ladder from roof to terrace not wide enough to get my shoulders down, have to turn sideways.
Ladder comes down in the centre of two terraces, so left and right terrace to tile.
Drainage point in far opposite corners from ladder in middle.
And why are they being tiled when they have new asphalt down?

Simple! They fall the wrong way and don't drain properly!
So I gotta fix it!
Gimme strength!!!
So I'm working backwards from drain to ladder and I've got to increase fall as I go backwards!
Swapsies anyone? Haha

What you gonna use on external asphalt? I did one years ago and nobody would commit to a spec.

Q

Qwerty

O

Old Mod

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Manchester
O

Old Mod

Not a problem you with 3_fall but if it is exterior grade beware warranty. Webber won't guarantee it.
View attachment 76288

Haha yeah I know mate no worries!
Yeah I've seen that by weber
I'm waiting on reply from architect, he's aware now, as am I!
And I'll be speaking with Tilemaster also.
As I said earlier, thank you for your question.
Might have saved me some grief!

Reply to Tiling anything nice in September. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
These are kitkats on a mesh backing. Not entirely sure how the tiler has managed to do this...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB