Discuss Tiling anything nice in September. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Manchester
Haha yeah I know mate no worries!
Yeah I've seen that by weber
I'm waiting on reply from architect, he's aware now, as am I!
And I'll be speaking with Tilemaster also.
As I said earlier, thank you for your question.
Might have saved me some grief!

I know 3_fall I ask all the time now, not worth the hassle taking chances. When I did the balcony I was on about everybody advised me not to tile it. The customer took responsibility for it, don't know if it survived or not that was about three years ago.

T

tubs

db36fb13be1a2f32abac279176f083bd_zpscakbqaet.jpg

This lot , 275m2 of modular on ground floor and level 2, and the 4 bathrooms adding to around 400m2 in total ! ;-)

O

Old Mod

What you gonna use on external asphalt? I did one years ago and nobody would commit to a spec.

Well Paul @AD Ceramics spoke with Glynn from Tilemaster this morning and following a very interesting and informative conversation, this is the outcome.
Firstly there are 4 grades of asphalt! (Who knew? Haha not me that's apparent!)
So providing it's grade A or 1 flooring asphalt, (however it's classified)
My original method was correct, apart from replacing the primeplus slurry with their new Primeplus Grip!
With one addition, because there will be exposed edges around some of the tiles, won't bore u! The use of Ardex WPJ or Mapei Adesilex PG4 to seal any exposed edges from moisture ingress! (Makes sense)
This method has also been approved by Tilemasters Chemist, just this morning!
So a big thanks to @Glynn for such a precise solution to the problem and for even suggesting the use of other manufacturers products (which he named) to give a complete solution to the problem! *tips hat!*

And thank you Paul, @Dave & @Plan Tec Tiling ;)

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Manchester
Well Paul @AD Ceramics spoke with Glynn from Tilemaster this morning and following a very interesting and informative conversation, this is the outcome.
Firstly there are 4 grades of asphalt! (Who knew? Haha not me that's apparent!)
So providing it's grade A or 1 flooring asphalt, (however it's classified)
My original method was correct, apart from replacing the primeplus slurry with their new Primeplus Grip!
With one addition, because there will be exposed edges around some of the tiles, won't bore u! The use of Ardex WPJ or Mapei Adesilex PG4 to seal any exposed edges from moisture ingress! (Makes sense)
This method has also been approved by Tilemasters Chemist, just this morning!
So a big thanks to @Glynn for such a precise solution to the problem and for even suggesting the use of other manufacturers products (which he named) to give a complete solution to the problem! *tips hat!*

And thank you Paul, @Dave & @Plan Tec Tiling ;)

That's good Marc, I knew there was different grades and understood the standard flooring grade was ok to tile on, the one I was doing on the balcony in question was very oily/greasy and that's the only reason I question the procedure.
Have they arises you which grade you are tiling on? Or is that what you are saying its flooring grade.
We learn every day thanks for info.

O

Old Mod

That's good Marc, I knew there was different grades and understood the standard flooring grade was ok to tile on, the one I was doing on the balcony in question was very oily/greasy and that's the only reason I question the procedure.
Have they arises you which grade you are tiling on? Or is that what you are saying its flooring grade.
We learn every day thanks for info.

No no thank u! Haha
I'm still waiting for architect to confirm grade.
But at least my end is sorted!
There's a little part of me hopes that the asphalt isn't up to standard! Haha
Don't fancy leaping across roof tops, I'm not bloody Dick Van Dyke! Haha

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
No no thank u! Haha
I'm still waiting for architect to confirm grade.
But at least my end is sorted!
There's a little part of me hopes that the asphalt isn't up to standard! Haha
Don't fancy leaping across roof tops, I'm not bloody Dick Van Dyke! Haha
Worth considering a harness or what?

O

Old Mod

It's not actually as bad as I'm making out
(it's the drama queen in me!) haha
It's a way of expressing my actual wishes, without saying what I really want to! Haha see said it anyway, kind of! Haha :D

Even tho it's five stories up, six including roof, it's effectively flat with ladder access to each apartment.
If it goes ahead I'll show u the view! :eek:
It'll be squeezing me and my kit down ladder that'll be fun! :D
I may have daytime access to one or two, but in the main they are London crash pads, so there's rarely anyone home!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
It's not actually as bad as I'm making out
(it's the drama queen in me!) haha
It's a way of expressing my actual wishes, without saying what I really want to! Haha see said it anyway, kind of! Haha :D

Even tho it's five stories up, six including roof, it's effectively flat with ladder access to each apartment.
If it goes ahead I'll show u the view! :eek:
It'll be squeezing me and my kit down ladder that'll be fun! :D
I may have daytime access to one or two, but in the main they are London crash pads, so there's rarely anyone home!

You'll gave to rig up some kinda pulley Marc. What gear you gotta get up there?

O

Old Mod

You'll gave to rig up some kinda pulley Marc. What gear you gotta get up there?

Well there's a lift to top floor but one, then two flights of stairs to top flat where architects office is.
So it's thro his cramped office, very cramped, out on to his terrace, then up skinny ladder to access other apartments, then down ladder again! :D
Now being ex navy, I always go down ladders facing outwards, like going down stairs, that's just what u do and I'm used to it! But never with a tx700N under my arm! Hahaha
A pullee Ali? Why u offering to pull my gear up for me? Hahaha
Oh u do t mean that kinda pullee do u, as in employee? Hehe :D
U mean block and tackle! Haha

O

Old Mod

Not for me. I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to heights

I am too!

I might jump outta planes guys but actuall ground level height, so to speak, I'm petrified!!
I have an uncontrollable urge to jump, I have to hang on to scaffold for dear life!
And in the words of my 21yr old "And I ain't even lying!" Haha

M

Mr Tiler

Well there's a lift to top floor but one, then two flights of stairs to top flat where architects office is.
So it's thro his cramped office, very cramped, out on to his terrace, then up skinny ladder to access other apartments, then down ladder again! :D
Now being ex navy, I always go down ladders facing outwards, like going down stairs, that's just what u do and I'm used to it! But never with a tx700N under my arm! Hahaha
A pullee Ali? Why u offering to pull my gear up for me? Hahaha
Oh u do t mean that kinda pullee do u, as in employee? Hehe :D
U mean block and tackle! Haha
He means apprentice, costs barley snything and will gladly run up and down the ladder ;) lol

Reply to Tiling anything nice in September. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
These are kitkats on a mesh backing. Not entirely sure how the tiler has managed to do this...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB