Discuss Tiling around a cupboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I want to build a unit including a semi inset sink similar to that in attached image.

This will include a small cupboard under the sink to be tiled all around, however I am not sure how to finish the tiles up to the cupboard. I want the doors flush with tiles if possible. There has to be a gap to the side of the doors to allow opening, unless I install the cupboard slightly forward?.

Would appreciate suggestions please.

Attachments

• image005.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 92

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
You could tile the cupboard and have the doors inset to the tiles.

It depends on the type of hinges you use on the doors. Some allow the door to open over 90 degrees without actually impinging on whatever is next to it. Think of a row of kitchen units, the doors are all level with approx 3/4mm gap between the doors. When you open them they don't catch the door next to it on the hinged side because the hinge is designed to open to allow that.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling around a cupboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
Please see rough sketch. My ensuite is 2x2 m with the door opening into the left into the room...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB