Discuss tiling around a log burner? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

padtheplumber

TF
Esteemed
redditch
Hi guys,

I'm half way through a bathroom fit out and the customer has asked me if I can tile around his log burner which is set back in an alcove.

Can anyone give me any advice on what type of tiles / adhesives / grouts may be suitable for this, its already got a fire board around the
3 sides, just not sure whats best to use to cope with the high temps thrown out by the burner?

Many thanks

Mart.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling around a log burner? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB