Discuss Tiling courses / Training in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gazgrace

Hello all Im looking for some advise please .

I have been plastering for the last 10yrs and im wanting to change jobs .
I have been looking at tiling but i dont know how to get in to it, any ideas ?.
I want to be able to still work self employed either working for a contractor ect . How long would the learing process take and whats the chance of getting in with a company , As im learning i dont mind going with a company not being paid so i can learn the trade as i understand you only get paid for what you do and learning for me would not be a lot to start with . I just dont know where to start .Ive had a look at training courses but there quite far away the ones ive come across .But whats the chance of getting in with a company after being on a training course . Im in worksop nottinghamshire.

Any advise would be great .
Thanks Gareth

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hey Gareth

Welcome to the forum. I don't think there would be much of a chance to get employed by a company after your course, only really due to the climate at the moment. And I can't see if picking up for a good few years. The usual way we see people do it is to go on a course, get some experience then by doing friends and family jobs, and then build up a portfolio during that time (and build up your tools as a payment if they're happy with the work perhaps) and then aim to get a local shop to pass on some work to you. Take your business cars in etc.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Hi Gareth
You should find it no problem slipping into the tiling world if your already doing plastering as you must be getting asked now for a tiler after your plastering jobs.

The commercial trade is still struggling however the domestic place is the place to be at the moment and with 2 trades under your belt you should have no problem, we can give you a great start and good understanding of the tiling trade in the domestic world in one short course then as said above take on some straight forward jobs and then build from there, you should quickly pick up the tiling game as your used to the trowel and working with your hands

Regards
Darren

Ne Tiling Training

Reply to Tiling courses / Training in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
So there any good tiling training courses available in Northern Ireland. I would like to lear...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling courses / Training
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.