UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss tiling cracked and movement in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MissH

Hi Angela,
It sounds exactly like the problem I had; ply too thin 6mm,incorrect adhesive application... Once the tiles start cracking I’m afraid it’s likely to get much worse as mine did, so try and get them to refund you now. I’m unfortunately having to potentially go through small claims to get a refund as the“builder “refuses to accept responsibility and believes he did a good job!

The guys this forum are really helpful, I have learned tons about tiling (the theory anyway!!). If ever I had anyone round to give me a quote and they mentioned 6mm ply I would seriously doubt their ability and show them the door, in the politest possibly way of course ;)

Good luck and really hope you get it sorted.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Another unfortunate story of cowboy traders. Both should of know 6mm is not nearly good enough, your "tiler" certainly should. I'd use the word "tiler" loosely though looking at his fixing method. Looks like he's dot and dabbing! On a kitchen floor?? Even if the ply was substantial enough, a heavy foot in the wrong place or a fumble whilst drying the dishes would of caused a few probems as well.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling cracked and movement in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen floor tiled in large plank-style porcelain tiles (90cm x 15cm) about 2 years...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was hoping to get some input/help on this situation. Background: We had 12 x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I tiled a kitchen and living room floor last week and the grout has started to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.