Discuss Tiling downstairs cloakroom floor HELP! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Smileysmile

Downstairs loo floor.jpg

Here is an image of my existing 18mm click and lock hallway floor meets doorway into downstairs cloakroom. Being a wetroom I am reluctant on allowing the hallway wood flooring flow into the cloakroom. With hallway flooring being 18mm think the skirting was removed and new one placed on top.
Ok my dilemma is this. The existing toilet/cistern is going to be replaced with an all in one to hide the soil pipe. Then I have to place new flooring down. This is where I am stuck. Ideally I would like to see examples of other cloakrooms. I think my preference is ceramic tiles. But they aren't as thick as the hallway flooring so would butt up to the hallway floor and then a bar would be put across the joint. Should I remove the existing cloakroom skirting and place thick plywood down and tile on top to be level with the hallway floor? Is this the right way? Or it wouldn't be level so there would be a slight dip from the hallway to the cloakroom floor. Should it be level with the hallway flooring? What's your thoughts? I want to get this right and that is my dilemma. I would like to be pointed to links of examples. Can anybody give me some help? Thanks in advance.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling downstairs cloakroom floor HELP! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB