Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Tiling Downwards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Graham Bright

Just wondered how you guys do this.

Using 10mm marble tiles large format. I set my battons up above the bath and round the room and then tiled all the walls upwards to the ceiling.

Then I have to take the battons off and tile downwards finishing with my cut to the floor.

while I am buttering up the next tile the first one is sliding down the wall. It seems really time consuming to do the battons a tile lower, wait for the addy to go off then move battons down again.

Is there a quicker and easier way to tile downwards with out having to wait or growing extra arms?

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
Just wondered how you guys do this.

Using 10mm marble tiles large format. I set my battons up above the bath and round the room and then tiled all the walls upwards to the ceiling.

Then I have to take the battons off and tile downwards finishing with my cut to the floor.

while I am buttering up the next tile the first one is sliding down the wall. It seems really time consuming to do the battons a tile lower, wait for the addy to go off then move battons down again.

Is there a quicker and easier way to tile downwards with out having to wait or growing extra arms?

set out your room mate,baton either walls off the bathleaving just your cut to the floor to do,once you up to bath height add batons to ajoin the bath and tie in,:thumbsup:

G

Graham Bright

Do you use a datum line around the room and a gauging stick

At the moment I get my lines drawn in using an array of spirit levels lol.

I draw my centre lines of the walls and then plan my cuts to the edges. I then look at windows and baths etc and plan my tiles floor to celing. Once I know all that I set my battons up above the bath and tile upwards to ceiling. I do that on all walls then remove battons and start tiling downwards.

I always tile from the centre of the wall to the edges whether that be a centre grout line or centre tile or what ever works best. So....

If I have a basic square room and assuming I am tiling from centre on all walls. If I am looking at the bath wall and its tiled to ceiling and I am moving on to the wall to my left, I have to start at the same height as the bath wall so I can put my battons on correctly.

How would I calculate starting at the bottom ?? I always dred getting to the edge and the joints not meeting which is why I do iot this way

Reply to Tiling Downwards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling Downwards
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.