Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Tiling Downwards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
great minds think alike Dan:lol:
I think Mike has been looking over my shoulder while I'm typing:lol:

I was going to ask if he used a gauge rod, but I didn't think to ask about the datum line per say. Then I saw you'd both said it, and at exactly the same time, haha.

R

Richard Edwards

I prefer to plan the whole wall floor to ceiling and bath level if required. then laser the first cut or s/level and set my cuts off the finished floor [I put the floor in first] and then work on up. No batons and I do not use offical tile spacers - ever. I use window fitters packers and reuse them.

Its just he way I work - always have and it comes into its own will very large format tiles like 1000x330 and 900x300mm etc

Richard

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I prefer to plan the whole wall floor to ceiling and bath level if required. then laser the first cut or s/level and set my cuts off the finished floor [I put the floor in first] and then work on up. No batons and I do not use offical tile spacers - ever. I use window fitters packers and reuse them.

Its just he way I work - always have and it comes into its own will very large format tiles like 1000x330 and 900x300mm etc

Richard

My old man's a window fitter, and he game me thousands. Used them a couple of times and then got a bit rough pulling one out once at height and the tile popped off (tubbed stuff, sorry guys - haha) and nearly hit the bath! - and I went straight back to spacers, which I'd still reuse 80% of them on every job.

M

mikethetile

:yikes:
If using batons as said above baton at joint above bottom cut which you should know from your measurements !!
baton around room and start to tile,when you get to bath level off from the top of the close tile and same at other end of bath ! hope this helps.
We all have different ways and as long as the end result is right that's what counts:thumbsup:
your right Joe I didnt explain that bit right

you do things and then when it comes to explain to others you leave crucial detail out

well spotted Joe:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

Richard
very similar way to myself Richard, altho' Longhorns never have glazing packers in any more:thumbsup:

Reply to Tiling Downwards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling Downwards
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.