Discuss Tiling help please... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

X

xactive

Hello there.

First post so go easy on me!

Just nearing completion on construction of ground floor bathroom and en-suite, both will have wet room showers and I am starting from bare breeze blocks and screed floor so now is the point to get any prep done before tiling. My plan is to tank the wet room parts and use tile backer boards on any stud work (unless anyone tells me otherwise).

Rooms are going to be tiled with Travertine (I know original) and was wondering the best way to provide a substrate for these. Can I tile direct onto blocks? Screed will have wet UFH in it so is there any special prep needed there???

Looking forward to any advice and thanks in advance.

Reply to Tiling help please... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Tiling help please...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.