Discuss Tiling in london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Askin because we have been thinking over moving over, missus wants to go to Cork, I want to go up towards sligo/donegal (mainly because her mum and dad are in wexford and donegal is a long way from them) I am apprehensive due to having to start up afresh, I have a good reputation in my locality and all my work is through recommendation, it would be worrying having to go through it all again.

I wouldn't advise going to look for work in Ireland at the moment, I'm from Ireland and have been tiling there for the past 19yrs and would say i was pretty well established but building trade there has come to a standstill over the past 2 or 3yrs so I've just returned to London to look for work, so my advice would be to leave it for a couple of years because it will be a couple of years at least before building work will be back in action again.

J

J2 tiler

I wouldn't advise going to look for work in Ireland at the moment, I'm from Ireland and have been tiling there for the past 19yrs and would say i was pretty well established but building trade there has come to a standstill over the past 2 or 3yrs so I've just returned to London to look for work, so my advice would be to leave it for a couple of years because it will be a couple of years at least before building work will be back in action again.
how you getting on tiling work wise in london

Reply to Tiling in london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
Hi all; We're looking at hiring skilled Wall/floor tilers to join our team in Canberra...
Replies
Views
Muhammad fiaz
M
Hi all, I’m hoping someone can help. in June 18 we had some tiles fitted to the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Hi all, So glad to have stumbled across this website. I completed a Tiling course last year and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling in london
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.