UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiling in Oz in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chrissyboy71

Please somebody help!!
I have been tiling for years and years, starting off in Marble and granite when I was a kid and mainly doing ceramics for the past 15 years.
I am desperate to emigrate to Oz as I have young kids and I know from people that have emigrated there with families they have never looked back.
I previously worked in Asia for 7 years so understand the ups and downs about moving abroad.
I have enquired about work Visas but find the information quite confusing. I don't have tiling qualifications but do have Site Management and Health and Safety qualifications. I have done an online assessment for a visa and passed but when it came to calling them to discuss they said I would struggle as I don't have a formal qualification in ceramic tiling.
I am 40 now and really need to get going soon or I will be too old to be accepted for a visa.
Can anyone let me know what the best thing I can do is to come and live and work in Oz permanently.
I will have a few quid to back me up initially on arrival and to see us through the first 6 months, but I want it to be a permanent move not just for a year or two.
Your help and guidance would be greatly received.:smilewinkgrin:

Chris

C

chrissyboy71

A tiler i no has just moved to oz

It took him nearly 2 years to get thing s sorted

But good Luck

Yeah I'm aware it can take some time, but I think the main thing is getting my expression of interest in before July 1st when there's apparantly a shake up in the criteria. I don't mind waiting as long as it's sorted before I'm 45!!
Thanks for your reply.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling in Oz in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.