Discuss Tiling inside a shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi, first timers here... I am tiling my bathrooms and prefer the look & neatness of tiling inside the glass shower screen, especially on one of my bathroom where the ceramic have a very geometric pattern and would not look nice from outside the shower area and I would like to install another end bead next to the supporter for the glass screen to slide into... Is there a way around this? Many thanks and kind regards Char.

Hi, first timers here... I am tiling my bathrooms and prefer the look & neatness of tiling inside the glass shower screen, especially on one of my bathroom where the ceramic have a very geometric pattern and would not look nice from outside the shower area and I would like to install another end bead next to the supporter for the glass screen to slide into... Is there a way around this? Many thanks and kind regards Char.
send us some pictures

1000005981.jpg

send us some pictures

The shower screen needs to be installed right on the tile if not the water will damage the untiled wall. Did you waterproof the walls inside the shower?
Hi, yes the builder have waterproof all the walls & floors before tiling so I can't see why I can't install the screen on the wall instead as it looks to clumsy having the screen installed on the top - it must be possible tile all the way up to screen grout and silicone on top as thats another waterproof seal, thanks Char

Thanks, yeah I know this part, the issues is I want to avoid the tiling behind the shower screen, thanks
The walls do not show any sign of waterproofing whatsoever.
If you install the shower screen next to the tile, then rely on silicone to hold in the water, that's bad practice, unless you don't plan on using the shower, in that case it will last forever. That area will get loads of water/moisture from showering, the silicone will eventually fail, and the water will find a way behind the shower screen causing water damage.
A shower should be functionable before anything else.

Last edited:
Thanks, yeah I know this part, the issues is I want to avoid the tiling behind the shower screen, thanks
I like those wavy tiles
Yeah course you can so long as it doesnt move or leak , is your own house .
Ideally needed a shower channel that worked with the tile and tiled to edge of tray
To me looks like a channel might go wave to wave hard to say
Id wing it by , fit the screen channel 3-4mm away from tile edge .then scrape out depth from the 3-4mm gap and seal with something good ?

Check the instructions for shower screen some need be sealed on outside only , then would be a problem

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling inside a shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

UK Tiling Forum Trending

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.