UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss tiling into a corner in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AJH

Would someone please try and settle a difference in opinion between my wife & myself re tiling into a corner. Photos attached, she says it would look better with two full tiles abutting in the corner then two half tiles below. Q: Who is right, either or both! Pics attached, sorry but I couldn't see how to rotate a couple of them.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 3.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 138
T

Time's Ran Out

You started with a full brick and half brick on the left and followed the cut around the corner, which has continued the brick bond pattern onto the next wall - it's ok but aesthetically a full brick and half brick in the corner may have had more appeal! Mind you in bricklaying terms a full brick into the corner will produce a half brick out in order bond the course.
Who is right - Errol Flynn.

B

Bakielita

No comment. What do you think about the tiles?

Do you wanna know tru opinnion ? I can talk you , im make tiling 14 years , 10 years in London. Hugh mistake about calculation brick view , Corner batch litle cut - mistake , you shouldby start from corner bath full tiles/half tiles.
Another mistake is the big on the world , how is posible dont put tiles on the top of batch with 1-2mm gap, the wall with tiles is done first and after somebody pus bath up to the wall , LOL , Good luck with future leak ,
Definitely leak coming , the protection of leak ,is silicon now only , thats not good for 100%. Always tiles must be put on the top of batch , sink , worktop , floor ALWAYS!!!

B

bugs183

I think it looks fine as you've done it.
You have nice neat half/full tiles on the left which is the most obvious run of tiles (remember to sit where the loo is going, thats where your eyes look from), then you have nice cuts wrapping around the bath area. If you were fully tiling the wall you would approach it differently again, but i think it looks great as it is.
I was going to comment about the bath, but if you're going to have a free standing one then that solves that point.

A

AJH

Well it's taken a while but I've almost finished tiling, the wife says that I've done the corner join wrong though. I have continued the tiles on one wall into the corner then cut the tiles on the other wall into them leaving a 2.5-3mm gap. She wants both tiles to stop short of the corner with a 3mm gap between. I've attached a photo of the tiled corner and a PDF. Opinions on which way is right please. thanks​

Attachments

• corner join.pdf
    5.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2673.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 49
  • corner join.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 50

Reply to tiling into a corner in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.