Discuss Tiling is changing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Now and again when i am really busy I will pass work on to other tilers I know but I have noticed that even though the tiler is short of work I get excuses for not wanting the job.
Excuse
1, Not enough money for me
2, I dont work with Black grout
3, I dont do epoxy grout
4, too far
5, Never fixed any stone....and what is "Sealer"
6, I dont do regrouts
7, "Will you help me ? "
8, No transport
9. i dont have an electic cutter
10, I dont have a cutter big enough for anything over 350mm
11, I only use bucket adhesive
12 I dont do floors.

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

T

The D

Now and again when i am really busy I will pass work on to other tilers I know but I have noticed that even though the tiler is short of work I get excuses for not wanting the job.
Excuse
1, Not enough money for me
2, I dont work with Black grout
3, I dont do epoxy grout
4, too far
5, Never fixed any stone....and what is "Sealer"
6, I dont do regrouts
7, "Will you help me ? "
8, No transport
9. i dont have an electic cutter
10, I dont have a cutter big enough for anything over 350mm
11, I only use bucket adhesive
12 I dont do floors.

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

That is no tiler. That is a looser!!!

P

Pebbs

It made me think on a 'tiler wanted' thread yesterday where the poster stipulated must have own tools and transport. What sort of tiler doesn't have his own gear

I read that one yesterday as well, and got the right hump, also there was a terrible spelling mistake in there. I thought Id write a response...

Contractor wanted....must have a good trading record with no 'dodgy directors' who have taken other companies down, owed their subbies thousands of pounds and set up the next day. The ability to pay would be appreciated, even better if you actually managed to pay us within the contract terms. The foresight to ensure that when we get to a job without waiting for the other trades to shift their crap out of the working areas would also help. We insist that you employ a site agent or project manager who actually talks sense and knows how to string two sentences together. If you feel you can fulfill our requirements then dont hesitate to contact us.

I dont think Id get many responses somehow...aww well.

Lynn

Reply to Tiling is changing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Where to get a Tiling NVQ Hi,I did the 4wk course in Warrington back in Sept, being a plasterer...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling is changing
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.