Discuss Tiling is changing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

i never knock back any work,what seemed like an annoying re-grouting job before last xmas has led to me doing my 9th job for the same family this week.these jobs help fill up the diary and tend to lead to more work because you have the decency to turn up and price/complete the job wheras some "tilers" dismiss the small/annoying work.

laziness!!!!!!! thats my opinion on these guys!!!!!!!!!

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I read that one yesterday as well, and got the right hump, also there was a terrible spelling mistake in there. I thought Id write a response...

Contractor wanted....must have a good trading record with no 'dodgy directors' who have taken other companies down, owed their subbies thousands of pounds and set up the next day. The ability to pay would be appreciated, even better if you actually managed to pay us within the contract terms. The foresight to ensure that when we get to a job without waiting for the other trades to shift their crap out of the working areas would also help. We insist that you employ a site agent or project manager who actually talks sense and knows how to string two sentences together. If you feel you can fulfill our requirements then dont hesitate to contact us.

I dont think Id get many responses somehow...aww well.

Lynn

Lynn, I know exactly how you feel, been there:mad2:

D

david campbell

I picked up a 65sqm natural stone floor because the tiler that was originally lined up admitted that he didn't have the right tools or confidence to do the job. At least he was honest - eventually!

There are a lot of tilers that are happy to be stuck in the eighties, IMO. They have their comfort zone and don't want to move with the times or materials.

respect to this tiler for admitting this,makes a difference to the muppets who take these jobs on and wreck customers houses/faith in tradesmen.
my hat goes off to this guy

and nice job to pick up mate:thumbsup:

Reply to Tiling is changing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Where to get a Tiling NVQ Hi,I did the 4wk course in Warrington back in Sept, being a plasterer...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling is changing
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.