Discuss Tiling job underway, advice needed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dash J

Here's my take on it
for me dot,dabbing is not acceptable,there are loads who disagree tho
i posted on another forum a while back regarding dot dabbing
apparently old Italian craftsmen always dotted tiles and never had any problems
walls is 75% coverage and 100% in wet areas surely dots can cover 75% of a tile
i know its all right to say it is illegal to dot dab but honestly some of the prep I have been left through the years would make you spot fix
just to clarify I don't agree with doing it but there are plenty out there who do and think it's ok
just stating that before I get ripped to shreds lol

H

Handyeire

Here's my take on it
for me dot,dabbing is not acceptable,there are loads who disagree tho
i posted on another forum a while back regarding dot dabbing
apparently old Italian craftsmen always dotted tiles and never had any problems
walls is 75% coverage and 100% in wet areas surely dots can cover 75% of a tile
i know its all right to say it is illegal to dot dab but honestly some of the prep I have been left through the years would make you spot fix
just to clarify I don't agree with doing it but there are plenty out there who do and think it's ok
just stating that before I get ripped to shreds lol

Ill admit I have been guilty of dat dab in the past though it was when I just started out as an 18yr old, that was a few decades ago, now I couldn't take the chance because I wouldn't want to ruin my reputation. In saying all this, I dat and dabbed most of my grandmothers bathroom 17 years ago because the walls where bad and didn't have time or money to fix it but the tiles are still hanging today so it aint all bad thou as I mention before, I would never do it now.

Reply to Tiling job underway, advice needed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling job underway, advice needed
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond