Discuss Tiling makes me happy...yet unhappy :( in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Taggy

Hi lads dont get all aggro on me.

Work in partnership with an ace tiler, i'm a plasterer by trade Fiborous to be exact, but he asked me to help him out on a bit price work he got after i finished prepping stuff up for him.

Why didn't i take up tiling? I bet there are days like plastering where its a hassle....but i honestly love playing giant tetris all day long, its actually very theraputic. I enjoy it more than my job......dont let the spreads know though, or i'll be getting grief for time!

I dont plan on taking up tiling now as its too late so i cant bodge anything up for you lot and get you more work, but i do wish i had of took this game up! Decent trade.

Fiborous is dying out now, and monkeys could do what the plastering game is asking for on sites these days, just needed a little rant and an appriciation thread for my tiler mates, cheers.

crack on chaps!

T

Taggy

Hello mate, very true i'm handy with a trowel, quicker than my pal for obvious reasons, but he's quicker with his trickier cuts, i just tile where ever he wants me to if he needs a hand mate haha.

When did you pick up tiling? It's joining mosaic and working out tennants weird patterns? that gets me, floor and stone etc its fine, i just wish i had my cuts down quick, you'd think i would working with fibourous etc, different traits though eh, don't get me wrong though i can produce good work. I'd just like to be at a standard to be on price.

In my own opinion price in tiling is much better than any plastering apart from EWI which i've had the pleasure of alot of latley....but being the great country britian is with its exceptional weather....its put a stop effect too that.

back on private work now and the amount of work i've got my mate is sickening, i'll say nothing to him though, so i thought i'd moan on the correct forum behind his back haha!

What is your majority of work you get mate?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
hmm never once met a plasterer that has said its ok to tile onto bonding, as we know our craic with substrates however this is just my personal experience, i do know tilers do it though on price for council etc, few lads i got talking to were tiling over wall paper etc as the council said it was fine, flol.....would of walked off site there and then

stick on here mate we've had loads of them..:thumbsup:

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
How about foreman??? yesturday went to do 1,1x3,7m terrace. Found strange surface, asked foreman what is it? He said it's special paint. Asked him to show me tin, so he did :mad2:
DSC_0736.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling makes me happy...yet unhappy :( in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Trying to Get bathroom re tiled, had conflicting advice from a few tilers, I’m a total novice...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB