Discuss Tiling my en-suite in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

PMM9BRO

Hi Folks

I'm looking to tile my en-suite and have a few questions, the area is 14m2

adhesive and wall grout to use, the tiles are 360mm x 265mm?

I'm going to replace the plaserboard around the shower base, should i replace it with aquaboard and will this save me from having to tank this area?

should i get the showerbase installed first before tiling that area or should i leave a row out for whre the base will go.

Should i use the the suretile spacers if not what spacers and how may mm space should there be?

Could you direct me to a video that would show me how to tile around windows?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

P

PMM9BRO

Hi there

i have started en suite job and have been doing, just one snag so far- I tiled from my battens last night and removed the battens today at about 5pm and the bottom row of bout 4 tiles fell off, any ideas why this would happen, the rest of the tiles above seem ok, I'm applying adhesive on top of plasterboard that was painted before with bathroom pain should I put something on th wall before applying defensive, any help would be appreciated , tried to post a new thread with no successsuccess

I

Ian

I'm a novice at this and would prefer the ready mixed stuff, is there a ready mixed adhesive that you would recommend, I did sand down the paint before I did anything

BAL whitestar is probably the best ready mixed but, it's a lot of money for what you get. A slow set powdered adhesive will last just as long in the bucket but, cost half the price and do a better job.

I

Ian

Pulled it off after unscrew the screw heads, I have put the batten on again and replaced the tiles should I take the batten of in a couple of hours

Dont remove it until the adhesive has fully set, 24 hours minimum I'd say. You still really need to address the paint issue and your tiles are a little on the large side for ready mixed adhesive. Do it right now or you will almost certainly have issues in the future.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I think what you've perhaps done is got adhesive on the batten and pulled it off rather than knock it off. The adhesive on the batten has dried quickly and the adhesive holding your tiles on wasn't quite dry.

You can leave the batten on as long as you like. For tubbed adhesive it needs to be atleast 24 hours though. Run a stanley blade gentley between the tile and the batten before unscrewing. The using the handle end of a hammer tap the batten down to take it off.

So the tiles are 360mm x 265mm yeah???

A bit too big for tubbed stuff. It will probably say on the tub re max size as well.

Get some slow setting cement bagged stuff. Or you'll be back on this forum in a few weeks/months/days asking more questions as to why they have failed.

If you've any un-opened tubbs and your receipts, I'm sure the retailer will exchange/refund etc...

Reply to Tiling my en-suite in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB